[Fedora-livecd-list] bootloader --append="noapic" does nothing?

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at creativecommons.org
Wed Feb 20 20:40:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> Unrelated issue: the images I generate last night based on Fedora 8 + Fedora
> 8 updates fail to boot, complaining presumably from the initrd:
>
> 	WARNING: Cannot find root file system!
>
> 	Create symlink /dev/root and then exit this shell to continue the
> boot
> 	sequence.
>
> 	bash: no job control in this shell
> 	bash-3.2# _
>
> I have disabled our use of the Fedora updates repository to see if that fixes
> this.  (Do you guys know what's causing this?  Is this probably related to
> this thread
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-livecd-list/2008-February/msg00135.html
> ?)  I'll report back in a few hours, after the rebuild.....

For what it's worth,
http://buildbot.creativecommons.org:8080/builders/livecontent%20builder/builds/78/steps/compile/logs/stdio
is the build log for the build I just did that doesn't include Fedora 8
Updates, and that didn't have the above problem.

-- Asheesh.

--
"They make a desert and call it peace."
 		-- Tacitus (55?-120?)