[Fedora-livecd-list] liveinst won't run

Miroslav Tomic ka0sm0nk at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 22:39:07 UTC 2008

Dear list members,

I'm using livecd-creator for the first time, and for a
test, I've used livecd-fedora-8-desktop.ks. The only
thing I've changed in the kickstart file is setting
the local repo and setting the different language (and
not the keyboard) in livecd-fedora-8-base-desktop.ks.

Everything went just fine during build. I've burnt the
LiveCD.iso that I've got, tested the media and let the
system boot. The first thing I've noticed are some
misspelled characters during boot, which are language
specific, but it's something that doesn't bother me at
all. After the system has booted, I've noticed that
there was no icon on the desktop that should let me
install the distro. So I've ran /usr/bin/liveinst but
it failed to install. The output is attached and I
have no idea what could be wrong. The way I see it, it
has something to do with indexes, as far as regarding
the last line, stating "Index error: list index out of
range"... Have looked at scripts and lines mentioned
in the error output, but have not noticed anything
anusual... but then again, I'm not that good at
python...

One more thing: I've built two Live CD's - one of them
has used only packages from Everything repo (which
should be the packages Fedora's LiveCD i686 is build
upon) and another one was using both Everything and
Updates repo's packages (so it had updated packages) -
but the result was the same, giving me the same
error...

Any ideas where to look?

Thank you in advance!

Regards.