[Fedora-livecd-list] Inheritance in kickstart and package removals

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 5 05:50:53 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am working on a Xfce spin of Fedora available at
http://sundaram.fedorapeople.org/livecd-fedora-8-xfce.ksa which as you
can see inherits the base desktop kickstart file which removes wget. I
have been trying to add it back in my kickstart file but wget is not in
the image created by livecd-creator. I have been able to reproduce this
consistently.

Seth Vidal on IRC commented that urlgrabber would serve the same purpose
as wget and of course curl is also there but regardless of value of wget
in the Xfce spin, this seems to be a bug that I can't add back packages
that are removed in the base kickstart file I am inheriting from. Comments?

Rahul