[Fedora-livecd-list] caching repository?

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 18:23:26 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 10:44 -0700, Tim Wood wrote:
> Okay, uncle. I can't find documentation on the --cache option.  I've
> found that you are supposed to pass it a path but no write-up on what
> is cached and for how long, etc.  What exactly does it do?

Basically it's a stupid lookaside cache - if a file is already
downloaded, it's not downloaded again.  But there is no expiry, size
limits, etc.

InstantMirror might be a more maintainable solution, but I found --cache
to be the easiest way to ease the pain of trying to repeatedly build
live cds in quick succession.