[Fedora-livecd-list] cant find filesystem /dev/root

Lane Brooks lbrooks at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 18 14:53:16 UTC 2008

Lars Bjørndal wrote:
> Lane Brooks <lbrooks at MIT.EDU> writes:
>
>> I finally found a way around that I am posting to the list in case it
>> helps someone else.  Things started working when I started building
>> initrd using the --with ata_generic --with libata options.
>
> Can you specify these options in the kickstart file while using
> revisor? How is the syntax?

Not that I am aware of.  The way I do it is to mount the image after it
is done, use

mount --bind /sys <path_to_image_mount>/sys

to mount sys, update the fstab to point to my label:
LABEL=mylabel /   ext3  defaults 0 0

then run chroot into the mounted image

chroot <path_to_image_mount>

and then run mkinitrd

/sbin/mkinitrd --with libata --with ata_generic
/boot/initrd-<kernel_ver>.img <kernel_ver>

I am not sure if there is a better way.

Lane