[Fedora-livecd-list] custom spin: %post section not being executed

Tim Wood tim.wood at datawranglers.com
Sat Jul 19 00:22:09 UTC 2008

Don, /home/fedora doesn't exist until boot.    The standard way to add
something to a user folder is to add it to /etc/skel (in post for
instance).  To add fedora user to sudoers, enable wheel in /etc/sudo (or
/etc/sudoers ... away from my linux box) and then add fedora to the
wheel group in /etc/groups

Tim

DON.RAIKES at ORACLE.COM wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on a custom spin of fedora 9.
> so far I can get the basic cd created.
>
> I have added several sections to my %post section of my custom
> kickstart file.
> For example:
>
> %post
> cat > /home/fedora/.exrc << EOF
> set ai ic ts=2 tw=80
> EOF
> %end
>
> When the cd is created the /home/fedora/.exrc file does not exist.
>
> Do the scripts in my %post section preceed or follow those in the
> fedora-live-base.ks assuming that I have
> %include fedora-live-base.ks
> at the top of my kickstart file?
>
> Also, how can I add the fedora user to the sudoers list so it has sudo
> privilleges?

Tim Wood, CLP, RHCT
719.338.7484 (tel)

The Data Wranglers
Web, Database & more since    since 1994
www.datawranglers.com