[Fedora-livecd-list] Recursive livecd-creator problem

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Jul 28 14:58:10 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-27 at 04:03 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
> The chroot created by livecd-creator has a blank /etc/resolv.conf, so
> the inner imagecreator trying to create a chroot fails as it cannot
> download repo metadata.
>
> I cannot simply copy /etc/resolv.conf from the host to the first level
> chroot in %post since it is already running within the chroot at this
> point.  I then tried to use both %post --nochroot and %post in the same
> kickstart file.
>
> It seems that %post --nochroot is ignored when you also have a %post?
> Are both supposed to run (in what order?), or only %post?

Both should run without any problems.  In fact, the base livecd configs
depend on this to set up things like the GPL and REAMDE on the top level
of the cd.  They'll run in the order that they exist within the config
file for an arbitrary number of scripts -- we loop over them in
imgcreate/creator.py:__run_post_scripts()

> Similarly %pre and %post in the same kickstart script, %pre seems to be
> ignored.

%pre scripts in general are ignored right now because I'm not sure what
the real use case for them is.  In the installer case, it's to set up
hardware.  Which isn't really relevant for livecd-creator