[Fedora-livecd-list] Persistance Overlay

Pedro Silva pedrofsilva at netcabo.pt
Wed Jun 4 19:58:37 UTC 2008

Qua, 2008-06-04 às 15:46 -0400, Jeremy Katz escreveu:
> On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 13:28 -0600, Tim Wood wrote:
> > Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > > But at the same time, I am considering adding some form of hook to run a
> > > script off of /home during the boot so that you could implement making
> > > any changes you wanted.  Just not sure if it's overkill.
> >
> > Why not put the hook in the fedora-live init script?
>
> That's actually where all of this magic lives (well init script +
> livecd-iso-to-disk).  Like I said, just not entirely sure if it's
> overkill to try to support or not

I'm in favor of a solution that would include /home and other system
folders. Since I have no real understanding of the inner workings of
livecd-iso-to-disk, I don't know how hard that would be. I find it
usefull to keep some changes in /etc files but there are other files
too. Would this have to include a "blacklist" for stuff
like /tmp, /var/cache ?

Regards,
--
Pedro Silva