[Fedora-livecd-list] Disabling the Persistence Layer at boot time (LiveCD on USB)

James Gallagher jbgallagher2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 13 09:42:58 UTC 2008

No, that's the message I get. Ok, perhaps it's not so ugly to look at :) - but I mean ugly in the sense that the boot process is still trying to load up a persistence overlay even though it's not referred to in the boot parameters.

I just wondered if there was a "proper" method to disable the overlay, so the boot process won't try to load one, eg overlay=none, nooverlay etc

I'm setting up a multiboot usb stick with x86/x64 liveCD images, and an option in each to boot with or without persistence. I'd like it to look as clean as possible as I may be distributing to slightly skeptical colleagues.