[Fedora-livecd-list] uncompressed size

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Wed Jun 25 04:44:23 UTC 2008

I'm using F9 and the livecd-tools-017.1-1.fc9.i386.rpm (from koji).

When I try to build my iso from a config, I get a list of rpm names and
sizes, then livecd-creator bails out.

My set of rpms is large and apparently exceeds the 4096L * 1024 * 1024
default value set in imgcreate.py. I found this by removing some
packages and seeing a successful completion.

The older version of livecd-creator, used in F7, allowed me to alter the
uncompressed-size via a command line argument. As a test, I added 512 to
  the 4096L and it seems to create the iso successfully with all desired
packages.

Does anyone have an opinion of how "dangerous" it is to change the
default uncompressed size this way? I don't want to continue down this
path if what I'm doing is considered grossly wrong.

Thanks,
John