[Fedora-livecd-list] Time Zone issues

Todd N todd655495 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 19:42:35 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am having an issue trying to get my Live CD to be created with the correct timezone.  I see in livecd-fedora-9-base-desktop.ks the timezone parameter is set by default to US/Eastern.  I have commented that out (with the standard #) and added a line so that the following now shows:

#timezone US/Eastern
timezone America/Chicago

On my new Live CD, however, on doing the "date" command I get the following:

Wed Jun 25 14:40:05 EDT 2008

Is there something I am missing?  I would have expected the time zone to show as CDT.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd