[Fedora-livecd-list] LiveCD to HDD with CentOS 5.1

Hoy, Mark mhoy at securify.com
Fri Mar 7 23:23:59 UTC 2008

I'm kind of new at this so....

I've built up a CentOS 5.1 LiveCD (thanks everyone) and booted into it
to test it out in VMWare. Nifty stuff.

I've run "liveinst" and indeed it gives me a gui and appears to do the
right thing. I've a number of questions still.

I really like the ability of the "livecd-creator" to resolve the rpm set
that I need. At times I'd like to add a component just to see the rpm
list change requirements without actually building an ISO. Is there a
man page on what livecd-creator can do?

Ideally I'd like to pass a kickstart file into "liveinst" to script what
it does so I don't have to do this numerous times. There is a thread
earlier in this list, but I've not seen any updates on it.

Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Kickstart ignored?

Thanks in advance.

: Mark Hoy  SR. SW Engineer  SECURIFY
: www.securify.com  Monitor and Verify Who, What & Where on your Network