[Fedora-livecd-list] Build LiveCD for another architecture

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue Mar 18 15:28:23 UTC 2008

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 17:50 -0600, Gary Thomas wrote:
>> I'm trying to see if I can get the LiveCD tools to work
>> in a pseudo-cross environment (using qemu as a helper).
>> I have a lot of it working, down to the point where it's
>> ready to install the actual packages.  Then I get this
>> error:
>>    Error creating Live CD :
>>      Unable to install:
>>        [('package filesystem-2.4.11-1.fc8.ppc is intended for a ppc architecture'
>>
>> I can't seem to figure out where this message comes from, nor
>> how it is coming to this conclusion.
>
> It's going to be coming from rpm -- I forget exactly which specific part
> of rpm, though.  One notable problem you're going to have is all of the
> %post scripts aren't going to run properly

That's what qemu is there for :-)

I found a way to pass [the equivalent of] --ignorearch to rpm
when yum runs and now it installs my packages.  There are still
a couple of rough spots when the %post scripts run (these run
as emulated PPC code via qemu), but I'm getting close to making
all of this work.