[Fedora-livecd-list] How to ensure minimum versions of packages?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 20:07:06 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 18:06 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> I've discovered that you can't specify versions of packages in the
> live CD kickstart file, eg the following doesn't work:
>
>   %packages
>   dhclient >= 4.0.0
>
> For my application I really do need to specify minimum package
> versions, otherwise users will end up with a live CD that definitely
> won't work.  Any suggestions about how to enforce this?

Yum isn't going to pull in arbitrary versions, it's going to pull in the
latest version.  Are you envisioning a scenario where the latest version
isn't available to the user and you want the tool to bark about it and
not compose their image?  Why aren't your package Requires setup
properly to handle this?

--
Jesse Keating