[Fedora-livecd-list] f7 livecd-creator cannot umount image after recent yum updates

Tim Wood tim.wood at datawranglers.com
Sat Mar 22 03:18:01 UTC 2008

FWIW and YMMV, but I started swearing by using a virtual machine (under
vmware) as my LiveCD development machine because of situations like
this.  I can't speak to Xen and qemu, but vmware does have a snapshot
feature.  I always snapshot a machine then run yum.  Then if an update
causes problems with iso creation, I go back to the snapshot.  Nothing
like having weird problems with iso creation hit when you're on a
deadline.  It's also the primary motivation behind my slowly plugging
away at a LiveCD creation LiveCD...  Can't get hosed if it doesn't update...

Tim