[Fedora-livecd-list] How to ensure minimum versions of packages?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Mar 22 16:39:14 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 01:41:55PM -0600, Tim Wood wrote:
> You could create a RPM that requires what you want.  The RPM doesn't have
> to do anything else.  The RPM build script should be pretty short ;-) .

Unfortunately this doesn't work.  It seems like kickstart will happily
install an inconsistent set of packages, as in this screenshot from a
live CD booted under qemu:

  http://www.annexia.org/tmp/livecd.png

Note that my meta-package, virt-p2v, is set to require ocaml-gettext,
but this package isn't installed (because I missed it out of my local
repository by accident), nor is that dependency provided by any other
package.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v