[Fedora-livecd-list] How to ensure minimum versions of packages?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Mar 24 23:07:32 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 22:58 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 09:08:06PM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > >
> > > Unfortunately this doesn't work.  It seems like kickstart will happily
> > > install an inconsistent set of packages, as in this screenshot from a
> > > live CD booted under qemu:
> >
> > Which version of livecd-tools are you using?  And did you specify any
> > arguments to %packages?
>
> livecd-tools-013 on F8.  I think that's quite old isn't it?  I notice
> the newest version in Fedora is 015.

It's the Fedora 8 version.  Lots of changes afoot in Fedora 9 :-)  In
theory, we should be aborting if building the transaction shows
unresolved deps.  But, I know I've accidentally done a release or two
with that disabled because it made my testing simpler and then I forgot
to remove that when committing :-/