[Fedora-livecd-list] Console fonts

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 15:47:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 15:30 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> I'm trying to enable a broad range of languages in virt-p2v, and to do
> that, understand how to enable a broad Unicode console font.  I notice
> that Anaconda does this already, but I'm having a bit of trouble
> understanding exactly how.

The Linux console, on its own, doesn't actually support it.  You have to
use a framebuffer and something like bogl and one of its fonts.  But
that way lies lots and lots of madness...  you still won't properly
support things like RTL text, etc.  So if you really want full locale
support, use X.

Note: anaconda no longer uses bogl and hasn't for quite a while now.  If
you want anything that can't be displayed by latarcyrheb-sun16, then use
X.