[Fedora-livecd-list] keep rpm/yum cache between builds?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 14:09:26 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 13:52 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>  > is it possible to keep rpm/yum cache between builds. This is very
>  > useful when somebody is building multiple spins that are marginally
>  > different (language, few packages that are installed/removed) and not
>  > to download all the packages if they haven't changed.
>
>  See the --cache option.  By default, we clean up after ourselves because
>  otherwise, you'd have an ever-growing drain on your available disk space
>
>  Jeremy

I know about --cache option but I guess I have miss understood it. I
understood that that option only defines where cache files are
temporary kept and that they are also deleted from that location after
iso file is build. I thought what I need is a new option --keep-cache
what would complement --cache option.

I also found a bug in --help option, can you spot it?

$ livecd-creator --help
Usage: livecd-creator [options]

  -h, --help            show this help message and exit

  Image options:
    These options define the created image.

    -c KSCFG, --config=KSCFG
                        Path to kickstart config file
    -b BASE_ON, --base-on=BASE_ON
                        Add packages to an existing live CD iso9660 image.
    -f FS_LABEL, --fslabel=FS_LABEL
                        File system label (default based on config name)

  System directory options:
    These options define directories used on your system for creating the
    live image

    -t TMPDIR, --tmpdir=TMPDIR
                        Temporary directory to use (default: /var/tmp)
    --cache=CACHEDIR    Cache directory to use (default: private cache

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic