[Fedora-livecd-list] [Utility] - Script to generate kickstart %packages section

Davidson Rodrigues Paulo davidsonpaulo at gmail.com
Wed May 21 05:43:32 UTC 2008

Hi,

I was wondering about an easier way to include all packages actually
installed on system in the %packages section of a kickstart file,
using as few lines as possible, with groups, individual packages and
exclusions, so I decided to create a BASH script to help doing that:
getPackages.sh.

If you want to test, just download it, give execution permission, take
a comps.xml file and run it, as follows:

$ chmod +x getPackages.sh
$ su -c 'yum makecache'
password:
$ zcat /var/cache/yum/fedora/Fedora-9-comps.xml.gz > comps.xml
$ ./getPackages.sh

You're all welcome to test, modify and redistribute the code. I hope
this can be useful.

Best regards,

--
Davidson Paulo