[Fedora-livecd-list] failing at my first attempt at liveCD creation

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Sun May 25 12:33:08 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Tim Wood <tim.wood at datawranglers.com>
wrote:

>  Once you get it to work, you'll find that you can't log in to the minimal
> livecd.

Yes, I read that.  But I was just trying to figure out whether or not I
could get the process
to work... and I couldn't.  :-(
Thats why I also tried the  'desktop' version.

> That's just the way it's designed.  So, I'd suggest switching to another
> one.  It probably has a bunch of SELinux packages specified.

They all seem to.

>   I've found that (if I don't want SELinux), I have to do this to the
> kickstart.

 Do what?  Did you forget to write something here?

It looks like a lot of your failures are because certain commands arn't
> available: sed, getent, etc.  Make sure they're installed.  Then make sure
> your PATH variable includes their directories.

I do have those things available... at least to me.
I don't know about the environment that  livecd-creator makes for itself
though.
Same things goes for PATH.  I can execute those utilities.

Also, make sure /var/tmp is on a local drive.  Pretty much any directory
> that livecd-creator uses needs to be on a local drive or you run the risk of
> strange build failures.

Yup.  everything is local.

> Until you get it to build without these errors it's not going to boot under
> qemu.

Thats why I'm looking for help/advice.

When I tried to build the 'desktop' version it complained about
'gnome-blog'
It all make me wonder if stuff hasn't been changed, and yet the
livecd-creator
tool and the kickstart files haven't been tracking?

So... I still need advice.