[Fedora-livecd-list] Custom kickstart/spins initial help

Pedro Silva pedrofsilva at netcabo.pt
Wed May 28 17:06:12 UTC 2008

Ter, 2008-05-27 às 09:25 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen escreveu:
> Pedro Silva wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I've been playing with livecd tools since f8 and I'm really enjoying all
> > the stuff that it allows me to do. I use it mostly to build custom live
> > cds, dvds and usb sticks. I just pick a stock kickstart file that comes
> > with fedora, add some repos, change locale/keyboard/timezone and
> > increase the list of packages. Works great! Great way to test rawhide
> > too.
> >
> > Recently, I built a kickstart file that creates a livecd that allows me
> > to use livecd tools. I can boot any machine with this livecd and start
> > building more images using livecd tools. Hint: If you are trying to use
> > network storage with livecd tools, forget smb/cifs shares, go for nfs.
> > My livecd-creator process was crashing hard when I used smb/cifs shares
> > for --cache and --tmpdir options in livecd-creator. When I switched to
> > nfs, everything worked ok.
> >
> > I've also created a fedora account because I would like to contribute to
> > the livecd/dvd project. I've also uploaded the necessary ssh/pgp keys.
> > I never used git before, although I know what it is.
> >
> > I joined this mailing list yesterday and I already saw something I would
> > like to do. Regarding the email about a Brazilian localized spin of
> > Fedora, I would like to do the same but for a Portuguese spin.
> >
> > Can anyone give some initial tips to help me contribute?
> >

> Hi Pedro,
>
> Welcome to the club ;-) I'd love to see another localized spin as I'm
> still missing a few hundred different languages ;-)
>
> If you read the article
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Spins/KickstartPool about what it is
> we're trying to do, and how we try to make it as easy as possible to
> make spins localized, maybe getting a Portuguese Spin of your liking
> only takes a couple of minutes ;-) You can submit the result to me for a
> little check-up and then I can submit it to the kickstart pool.
>
> Let me know what you think and whether you need any help. Have fun!
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jeroen van Meeuwen
> -kanarip
>
> --

Thanks for the reply!

I've just downloaded the latest .tar.gz from
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spin-kickstarts.git and made a .ks
for pt_PT. I used the nl_NL has an example and changed the settings
accordingly. I haven't tested it yet but since there were few changes,
unless there is a typo, it should work.

Tell me if it needs more changes.

I don't use "includes" in my .ks files but I can see the advantages.

Thanks

--
Pedro Silva