[Fedora-livecd-list] Keyboard configuration

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Mon May 5 14:39:02 UTC 2008

It seems like the current LiveCD tools for F8 does not correctly handle
keyboard configuration via Kickstart. We have a line:

lang sv_SE.UTF-8

...in our ks.cfg. The console keyboard layout is correctly set. However,
The X11 layout is sometimes wrong:

* On two machines, there's no /etc/X11/xorg.conf, and the layout is
english.

* On a third machine, there's a /etc/X11/xorg.conf (with a comment about
system-config-keyboard), and the keyboard is correctly set.

Any ideas why? I've found this comment in /usr/bin/livecd-creator:

        # next, the keyboard
        # FIXME: should this impact the X keyboard config too???
        # or do we want to make X be able to do this mapping

Has this FIXME been fixed, perhaps?

Regards,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer