[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: Proposed patches for livecd/EL-5 branch

Larry Brigman larry.brigman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 01:40:06 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 8:56 AM, Bryan Kearney <bkearney at redhat.com> wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>
>> Alan Pevec wrote:
>>>
>>> yes, sorry if I wasn't clear, only backports go to EPEL CVS
>>
>> OK. Great. I am working remotely for a while without access to a EL system
>> and I am running rawhide on my laptop for quite sometime. The connection is
>> decent but not enough to start downloading new complete images easily so
>> can't really test this at the moment but you can go ahead and commit those
>> changes if you (or others) have tested that the following works correctly:
>>
>> * Create a live cd image
>> * Use livecd-iso-to-disk script to convert the image into a bootable live
>> USB
>> * image-creator creates a ext3 image
>

> I executed the first 2 using the attached kickstart file. I got a few
> warnings at boot up, but the images do work. Note.. the second one I did
> running the livecd-iso-to-disk from an F9 machine.

I tried this on my Centos5.2 box.  I have some issues with the build.
I have NIS authentication enabled on my box and when I build
it somehow disables the authentication to the point that my desktop environment
is non-functional.

The image, using a kickstart that does not have anything in post only
has the boot to
local disk in the menu.

Second pass I used the kickstart from below except I used my local RHEL5 x86_64
repo.  This fails to complete the boot process.

Am I to expect this to function correctly on RHEL5 and similar platform?