[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: Proposed patches for livecd/EL-5 branch

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Mon Nov 3 20:01:12 UTC 2008

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Bryan Kearney wrote:

>>> I executed the first 2 using the attached kickstart file. I got a few
>>> warnings at boot up, but the images do work. Note.. the second one I
>>> did running the livecd-iso-to-disk from an F9 machine.
>>>
>>> Rahul.. what do you normally do for #3?
>>>
>>> -- bk
>>>

>> I verified the livecd-iso-to-disk on a rhel 5.2 machine. Worked fine
>> for me.
>>

> While lacking a EL-5 branch in the upstream livecd-tools git repo, I've
> created a GIT repo at http://git.kanarip.com/?p=livecd;a=summary or more
> specifically http://git.kanarip.com/?p=livecd;a=shortlog;h=EL-5 with the
> appropriate patches applied.

I checked out and built the code from the repo. I did a similar test to
what was done with apevecs code... built a livecd and launched it in
virt-manager... and movved it to a usb stick using livecd-iso-to-disk.
All worked for me. I had one small set of changes (tabs, spaces) which I
  will send along in another email.

-- bk