[Fedora-livecd-list] pre-install scripts and syslinux

David Straub dms5074 at psu.edu
Thu Nov 13 00:04:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

  I would like to ask about two small issues regarding the livecd-tools
package.  First, I noticed that kickstart pre-install scripts are not supported
by the livecd-tools package.  I personally find pre-install scripts to be
useful.  Is there a specific reason for it being excluded that I did not see?

  A second minor concern: syslinux is added as a required package for all x86
images.  I have been using the scripts to create rawhide images for
embedded-ish systems where I would like to save as much space as possible on
the image (while still using Fedora, with a minimal number of workarounds).
Would it be possible/practical to add syslinux--and possibly the other boot
loaders--to the dependencies of livecd-tools to use the system's files, and
remove it from the image's required packages?

  I have implemented changes to solve both of these issues for myself and can
send the patches for either if they can be addressed.  If not, it's no problem;
the livecd-tools package saves a lot of time and makes testing more convenient
for me either way.

 Thanks,
  Dave