[Fedora-livecd-list] RFE: implant locale information into isos like anaconda implants md5sums

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Oct 21 08:45:16 UTC 2008

On Mon October 20 2008, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> The md5sum embedding is done by putting the information into the
> application specific area of the ISO.  The problem is that this is a
> (very) limited space and we're already using almost all of it to store
> md5sums.

:-(

> Also, I think (hope? :) that people are using the live images as much or
> more off of USB sticks and so I'd rather not make any choices like this
> which aren't generally usable no matter what type of medium you're
> running the live image from.

Currently I am more often booting a new iso image in qemu-kvm, than one from a
USB stick. There it would be nice to simply run some "implant-locale" script
to the iso, without the need to copy all contents onto a virtual USB device.
And the information from the iso could also be used by a livecd-iso-to-disk
script that can set the keyboard layout and locale somehow.

Regards,
Till