[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: Cannot create livecd from local repo

Marc Herbert Marc.Herbert at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 16:47:43 UTC 2009

Joshua C. wrote:

> It didn't work. I set all repos with --cost> 1000 and only
> file=///my-local-repo had --cost=250. livecd-creator still prefers to
> download the files instead of using the ones, that've already been
> downloaded. Any other ideas?

I suspect the problem is that the Fedora-10-comps.xml is required to get
the package groups (createrepo cannot create this file from thin air).

Once this comps.xml file is found in some repository, livecd creator
seems to stick to this repository, ignoring the other repositories?

Maybe try to manually drop a copy of the comps.xml file "somewhere" into
your local repository, while commenting out all the other repositories
(leaving only yours enabled).

I got tired of this problem and worked around it by just re-using the
same cache directory over and over.