[Fedora-livecd-list] Live.py question

David Huff dhuff at redhat.com
Wed Apr 29 19:11:17 UTC 2009

What is the version parameter in __copy_kernel_and_initramfs used for???

"
def __copy_kernel_and_initramfs(self, destdir, version):
	bootdir = self._instroot + "/boot"
	makedirs(destdir)
	shutil.copyfile(bootdir + "/vmlinuz-" + version,
		        destdir + "/vmlinuz")
	shutil.copyfile(bootdir + "/initrd-" + version + ".img",
		        destdir + "/initrd.img")
"

I ask because livecd-to-pxeboot looks statically for version 0, if this
ever changes it looks like it would cause the script to fail.

"
# Does it look like an ISO?
if [ ! -d $CDMNT/isolinux -o ! -f $CDMNT/isolinux/initrd0.img ]; then
    echo "The ISO image doesn't look like a LiveCD ISO image to me."
    exitclean
fi
"

Also all Fedora and RHEL distributions, nonlivecd, have no version in
the initrd.img images on the disk, so if one wanted to use
livecd-to-pxeboot to set up a pxe tree from a regular distro it will
fail. (know its not designed for this however could be a nice to have)

comments.......

PS: also looks like livecd-iso-to-disk does the same thing, statically
looks for version 0

-D