[Fedora-livecd-list] LiveCD ks.cfg and livecd script

Alexander Todorov atodorov at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 16:01:09 UTC 2009

Hi all,
for my custom livecd I've used a slightly modified ks.cfg which I've taken from
the web. The original ks.cfg was against F10 and includes a %post section which
writes out /etc/init.d/livecd and /etc/init.d/livecd-late (IIRC)

This is not the same in latest livecd-tools in F11:

# cat livecd-fedora-minimal.ks
lang en_US.UTF-8
keyboard us
timezone US/Eastern
auth --useshadow --enablemd5
selinux --enforcing
firewall --disabled
part / --size 2024

repo --name=development
--mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=$basearch

%packages
@core
anaconda-runtime
bash
kernel
passwd
policycoreutils
chkconfig
authconfig
rootfiles

%end

Can you tell me is the livecd script still required and if not what package
takes care of setting up the live environment correctly.

FYI: I've tried the above ks.cfg and it results in livecd which boots successfully.

Regards,
Alexander.