[Fedora-livecd-list] F12 DVD doesn't have anaconda-runtime

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Wed Dec 16 08:32:26 UTC 2009

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 02:30:11 -0700, Jasper Hartline
<jasper.hartline at gmail.com> wrote:
> When using livecd-tools and a mounted DVD of F12 as a repository in my
> kickstart file
> livecd-creator dies when anaconda-runtime is not found. Is there a reason
> for this?
> How will I use a F12 DVD as a repository to eliminate using the network
as
> repository source
> when anaconda-runtime isn't found on the DVD that is being used?

The anaconda compose process for installation media does not require it's
dependencies to be in the media payload anymore, as it can now take a set
of repository baseurls and mirrorlists and get its dependencies from there.

Hence, some or most of the requirements of a compose process are not in the
resulting media.

-- Jeroen