[Fedora-livecd-list] How to create live dvd? (livecd-creator fail)

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 11:14:53 UTC 2009

Hi, first and foremost Happy New Year!

I used to be able to create live DVD with Fedora 8 and 9 using
livecd-creator tool but now I can't do it anymore with Fedora 10.

I get an error that there isn't enough space to create image and
livecd-creator fails.

I used to do it without problem, so maybe the packages have grown or I
added more packages than there is space for them. I see that
/dev/loop0 is created and the size of that virtual partition is only
3GB:
/dev/loop0            3.0G  602M  2.4G  21%
/home/temp/imgcreate-KWfqq9/install_root

I guess that when space runs out in that partition livecd-creator
fails. Am I right?

When I trim down my kickstart files with less packages then it passes.
How I managed to make live DVD iso image of 935MB. I haven't tested
what is the maximum size I can make but it is now far from that -
arround 950-1000MB.

Livd DVD I make previously with Fedora 8 and 9 was around 1200MB. Has
livecd-creator changed the way it works?

If that my previous assumptions are false please correct me and I have
some follow up questions:

1. How are live DVD images supposted to be made (2GB iso size)? With
livecd-creator or with some other tools? Which?
2. Is there a way to define larger size for /dev/loop0 ? (I looked
into man page for livecd-creator and I see no such option)

Thank you very much in advance!

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic