[Fedora-livecd-list] 3 more megs if we get rid of redundant copy of kernel?

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Thu Jul 16 05:25:09 UTC 2009

It may well be that this has been discussed on this list before, and
worse yet, that I may have even participated, but if so I've long
forgotten, and it doesn't seem easy enough to search for.

In my livecd generation tools I go to a bit of extra hassle to play
symlink games with /boot/vmlinuz-$(uname -r), such that it doesn't get
put into the squashfs, since a copy of it is in the container iso/usb
filesystem.

Maybe we want to do that for f12?  It is a bit messy, but I think it's
worth it for 3/700M.

peace...

-dmc