[Fedora-livecd-list] persistence in Live USB

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Fri Jul 17 00:38:22 UTC 2009

Joseph Barney wrote:
> I dunno if this is the right spot but had to try... I tried making a 2GB
> persistence space on my Live USB... It's a fairly new 8GB Sandisk
> Cruzer, and I've read that with fat32 you can make it as much as 4GB.
> I'm no techical wizard, but more artsy but can usually manage on
> computers. I am using Fedora 11. My system does boot off the flash drive
> but it gives me a bit over 830mb of space, according to the OS but it is
> not persistent...Anything saved is lost on reboot and I do have Fedora
> 11 on my hard drive and installed it to flash with the official LiveUSB
> Creator. Any advice? Thanks!

No problem.  Probably the best thing to do would be to file a bug in
bugzilla.  In that bug, it would help to have the following information-

a) log into a terminal, 'su -' to root. and run the following commands
and paste their output-

dmsetup status

df -m

losetup -a

mount

ls -l /mnt/live/LiveOS

b) try with 1.5G, and then 256M persistence space.

With that information I might be able to better diagnose the problem.

For information on filing bugs, see-

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs_and_feature_requests

peace...

-dmc