[Fedora-livecd-list] Problem with bootloader options in kickstart file

harry.devine at faa.gov harry.devine at faa.gov
Fri Jul 31 15:29:14 UTC 2009

I have livecd-tools version 013 installed on a Fedora 8 PC.  I'm trying to
modify my kickstart file to blacklist a module on the LiveCD that I am
creating, but it isn't working.  I'm adding the following to my kickstart
file:

bootloader --timeout=5 --append="blacklist=iTCO_wdt"

When the CD boots I get the timeout value counting down from 5, and when I
hit Tab to look at the kernel options on the command line, all I have is
"rhgb quiet" as stated in the documentation.  As a test, I tried putting
"apci=force" as the kernel parameter and that isn't there either.  I can
manually enter "blacklist=iTCO_wdt" on the command line and that works,
but the --append option seems to do nothing at all.

Is this broken in this version?  I know some may say "upgrade to F11" or
something like that, but that's not really possible for us at this time.
We're working towards that, but I'd like to be able to blacklist that
module during the LiveCD creation.

Thanks,
Harry