[Fedora-livecd-list] auto-biarch (x86_64 + i686) LiveDVD patch + ISO

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Tue Jun 23 12:51:33 UTC 2009

On 06/21/2009 08:35 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 19:53:58 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> On 06/21/2009 12:05 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
>>> The syslinux patch provides "default-{x86_64,i386}" keywords in isolinux.cfg.
>> It does not make much sense to me, so maybe you can explain it:
>>
>> Isn't syslinux 3.72 or later itself capable of choosing one or the other
>> menu entry using ifcpu64.c32?
>>
>> Would that not be a better option?
>
> yes, definitely, my syslinux patch is useless.
>
> I did not expect such option exists when such ISO still has not been released
> while waiting for it the recent years.

So yeah, the problem we get with i386/x86_64 hybrids is more that we
would reduce the available size to either of the Live images to half a
CD or half a DVD. Some of our spins fit on half a DVD, but not half a
CD. If some spins have separate media for each arch, and others do not,
then that may work confusing.

That said though, I don't think we've had this kinda thing discussed or
decided upon... so it's a good point ;-)

-Jeroen