[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd-creator from git failure, Could not remove snapshot device

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Mar 4 23:37:32 UTC 2009

On Wednesday, March 04 2009, Warren Togami said:
[snip]
> device-mapper: remove ioctl failed: Device or resource busy
> Command failed
[snip]
> Error creating Live CD : Could not remove snapshot device
>
> Any suggestions?

This is all device-mapper/kernel land -- it's saying that something
still has the device mapper snapshot in use.  If you run '/sbin/dmsetup
table' after the failure, you should see the temporary dm device
(imgcreate-somethingorother) and then you can try to do
  /sbin/dmsetup remove imgcreate-foo
and see if it continues to fail.

But this is working with my workstation, although it's running a
slightly old kernel (2.6.29-0.159.rc6.git3.fc11.x86_64) right now