[Fedora-livecd-list] creating live iso fedora 10

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 6 20:13:48 UTC 2009

shivam tiwari wrote:

> hey, I have not downloaded iso of fedora 10 . I just copied contents of
> fedora dvd on my hard drive. So now I want to make it live cd . I tried
> burning it but its not bootable
> I think i have to change something in copied files but I dont know what
> I have to add or edit

It would be just way easier to download the live cd iso image but here
are the steps anyway

Go to the directory with the RPM's copied from the DVD and make sure you
have a directory called repodata under it.

# su - or use sudo to get root access

# setenforce 0

# yum install spin-kickstarts

# cp /usr/share/spin-kickstarts/fedora-live-base.ks
/usr/share/spin-kickstarts/fedora-livecd-desktop.ks .

# vi /usr/share/spin-kickstarts/fedora-live-base.ks and edit baseurl for
the main repo to point to the location where you have the RPM's. Comment
out other repositories including the mirror list

Ex: baseurl = file://media/disk/Fedora

# livecd-creator --config=fedora-livecd-desktop.ks --fslabel=Fedora-10-Live

Hope that helps

Rahul