[Fedora-livecd-list] Error creating livecd: Cannot unmount, device is busy

Joshua C. joshuacov at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 9 14:52:58 UTC 2009

2009/3/9 Joshua C. <joshuacov at googlemail.com>:
> 2009/3/9 Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>:
>> On Sunday, March 08 2009, Joshua C. said:
>>> My last 3 attempts to create a livecd from rawhide resulted in errror
>>> (see the attached file). There is some problem with the umount that
>>> cannot unmount the device. The installation of the packages and
>>> relabeling with selinux works fine but then come the errors like
>>> umount: /mnt/disk/tmp/imgcreate-WLYOXG/install_root: device is busy.
>>>         (In some cases useful info about processes that use
>>>          the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1))
>>>
>>> Before this everything was fine. The only difference between this live
>>> image and the others is that I added the java RE. without the java
>>> packages everything is fine.
>>
>> It sounds like the java packages start a process in their %post that
>> isn't killed, which would be a bug in those packages.  Which packages in
>> particular?
>>
>> Jeremy
>>
>> --
>>

> It is the standard Sun JRE 6u12 from
> http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp. Maybe it is the jexec
> service but I explicitly disable it and remove it from chkconfig.
> Despite this error the image is done and I don't see any problems
> working with it. Is there a way to stop any service/process started
> from the rpm (such as the case here)?

 Something I forgot:

The JRE from the url is a bin file and I extract the rpm from it
(jre-6u12-linux-amd64.rpm). Unrelated to this error, is there a way to
unmount the device when I prematurely kill the livecd-creator? In such
cases I also got this kind of errors and I cannot unmount the temp dir
(install_root).