[Fedora-livecd-list] a boot option to remove the persistent layer and create a new one

Williamson Grant traxtopel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 07:32:08 UTC 2009

I think the issue I see is if /home is %100.
i.e.
I login and create a file so home reaches %100 , I get stale nfs error
messages.
It will no longer let me delete the file. So I need to run something
like.

This I guess follows on from the mail from yesterday, and there is no
simple solution, however a home rescue
mode in the startup script, would atleast help some people out.
i.e. from boot rescue_home

losetup /dev/loop7 /mnt/live/LiveOS/home.img
cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/loop7 Test
e2fsck /dev/mapper/Test -y
mount /dev/mapper/Test mnt/
# interactively remove the large file(s)
umount mnt/
cryptsetup luksClose test
losetup -d /dev/loop7