[Fedora-livecd-list] Using livecd-tools for recovery disc

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Mar 19 00:49:27 UTC 2009

On Wednesday, March 18 2009, Rhonda Kern said:
> #1 - I would like for the install to complete *without* prompting with
> the reboot message.  I do not have a reboot instruction in my kickstart
> file.  Still, it prompts with a reboot message.  I press enter and the
> script continues.  But I'd rather it just continue without the
> prompting.  Does anyone know how to make that happen?

reboot in your kickstart config will exit the installer automatically;
otherwise, it prompts

> #2 - I need to be able to remove the live DVD and place another disc in
> the drive to un-tar some files.  If I try to unmount the DVD right after
> the machine is booted, before the script is run, it works fine.
> However, if I try to unmount the DVD after the script has run, I get
> errors like:
>
> Ext3-fs error (device dm-0): ext3_journal_start_sb: detected aborted
> journal
> Remounting filesystem read-only
>
> Also, I am un-able to run any commands.  It says it can't find
> /bin/find, or whatever command I'm trying to run.
>
> Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the live disc?  If so, how
> is it done?  Or does anyone know if it's possible in F10 or F11?

You can't (generally) do this as the system is running off of the
livecd.  So removing it is removing the disc of your rootfs.  If you
have enough ram, you can add 'live_ram' to your kernel command line and
instead the image will be copied and run out of ram