[Fedora-livecd-list] error parsing ks file

David Huff dhuff at redhat.com
Thu Oct 8 14:34:04 UTC 2009

On 10/08/2009 09:50 AM, David Huff wrote:
> I am getting an error parsing a ks file with the latest version of
> livecd-creator, see below.  Has anyone seen any errors like this before,
> or know what could be causing this error?

OK so it looks like there is something weird going on with ksflatten.
When ksflatten is run not all of the %includes are taken out, and they
look to be run twice, once by ksflatten and once when livecd-creator
tries to parse the flattened file.  What is really weird is ksflatten
does not seem to linearly run ie. everything seems to be out of order.

Has anyone see issues like this before? More details below....

Generic ks file:
# cat ovirt-node-image.ks
%include common-install.ks
%include repos.ks
%packages --excludedocs --nobase
%include common-pkgs.ks
%end
%post
# cleanup rpmdb to allow non-matching host and chroot RPM versions
rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*
%include common-post.ks
%end

After ksflatten is run there are still some includes and there are none
the the included ks files:

[david at RAWHIDE2 recipe][david at RAWHIDE2 recipe]$ ksflatten
ovirt-node-image.ks
#version=F12
# Firewall configuration
firewall --disabled
repo --name="rawhide"
--mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=x86_64
repo --name="ovirt-org"
--baseurl=http://ovirt.org/repos/ovirt/development/x86_64
repo --name="ovirt-local" --baseurl=file:///ovirt
device virtio_blk
device virtio_pci
device scsi_wait_scan
device dm-multipath
device dm-round-robin
# System authorization information
auth --useshadow --enablemd5
# System keyboard
keyboard us

%include common-install.ks
# System language
lang C
# SELinux configuration
selinux --enforcing
# Installation logging level
logging --level=info

# System services
services
--enabled="auditd,ntpd,ntpdate,collectd,iptables,network,rsyslog,libvirt-qpid,multipathd"
# System timezone
timezone --isUtc UTC
# System bootloader configuration
bootloader --append="console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200n8" --location=mbr
--timeout=30
# Disk partitioning information
part / --fstype="ext2" --size=650

%include common-post.ks
.
.
.
.

Example included ks file:

# cat common-install.ks
lang C
keyboard us
timezone --utc UTC
auth --useshadow --enablemd5
selinux --enforcing
firewall --disabled
part / --size 650 --fstype ext2
services
--enabled=auditd,ntpd,ntpdate,collectd,iptables,network,rsyslog,libvirt-qpid,multipathd
# This requires a new fixed version of livecd-creator to honor the
--append settings.
bootloader --timeout=30 --append="console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200n8"

# not included by default
device virtio_blk
device virtio_pci
device scsi_wait_scan