[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd-iso-to-pxe problem

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 21:30:06 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com> wrote:
> Can you, and will you, send this upstream (to me for example?).

Hi Jeroen,

as noted in that workaround, this is a side-effect of a change in
mkliveinitrd which affects only PXE boot of the livecd image,
so fix could be to revert that in mkinitrd but this is unlikely since
focus is now on Dracut.
But even udev settle with 30s timeout and "waiting up to 60 seconds"
is not working with active/passive arrays where udev timeouts a lot
when reading passive paths, so it doesn't execute all rules on time,
for example liveUSB boot fails where root=UUID=... is used.
I'll post a better patch for mkliveinitrd and then see if F11 mkinitrd
will get updated at this point.

Cheers,
Alan