STR working out of the box

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Apr 14 18:53:27 UTC 2005

David Zeuthen wrote :

> > So I'm desperately wanting to try out suspend related feature to help get
> > FC4 to "do the right thing".
>
> Did you try the scripts in the RPM that I posted about a month ago? The
> aim is to move these scripts into the new pm-utils package that notting
> put in Rawhide yesterday.

I've been fighting with suspend/resume most of the afternoon to no avail.
It's the first Intel chipset I try it on, and just can't seem to get the
display to turn back on after resume. I already installed that new pm-
utils too, hoping it would already include scripts and improvements, but
saw that it (for now) only had the tools.

> I've also got an almost finished patch for gnome-applets that enables
> the battstat applet to take advantage of these scripts via
> consolehelper.

Sounds neat! I also saw today that the default suspend command in that
applet was still for APM... it was time to change that for sure.

I'll continue fighting against that laptop... I sure am grateful journaled
filesystems exists! ;-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3
Load : 0.15 0.17 0.21