Fedora Legacy, and What's Happening to *Your* FC2 Bugs....

Mike A. Harris mharris at www.linux.org.uk
Tue Apr 19 11:00:09 UTC 2005

Matthew Miller wrote:
> As I'm sure everyone knows -- and all maintainers not involved with
> Fedora Legacy are probably relieved by -- Fedora Core 2 is now
> "transferred" to the Fedora Legacy Project.
>
> Maybe you've already seen my posts on the fedora-legacy list, or by
> now, the LWN article about this. Having Fedora Legacy succeed is
> important to me, and I believe vital to the long-term survival of the
> Fedora Project and of the Fedora/RHEL ecosystem as a whole [1]. One
> part of making this transfer credible is dealing with the left-open
> Fedora Core 2 bugs. If they all remain as-is, the Bugzilla will
> eventually become a desolate wasteland of abandoned issues and user and
> developer frustration [2].

I've been doing massive X bug triage for the last 3 weeks, and have
mostly cleaned out all FC2 bugs related to X.  I'll be continuing
to clean out various ancient X bugs over the next little while
also, so we'll end up with no more FC2 bugs very shortly (if there
are any left) for X, xterm, and other things owned by xgl-maint.

Basically, you can just ignore xgl-maint bugs and they'll take
care of themselves very soon if they haven't been already.

HTH