Fedora Legacy, and What's Happening to *Your* FC2 Bugs....

Joe Orton jorton at redhat.com
Tue Apr 19 13:57:16 UTC 2005

On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 11:07:21PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 12:22:06AM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> > NEEDINFO on everything sounds like a good plan.  Give the bug submitters
> > a chance to say "this is still an issue in devel (FC4)" and move the bug
> > there.  After a while in NEEDINFO just close it due to lack of activity.
> >  That is more than fair.
>
> Thanks for the feedback, Warren, and much thanks to Dave Jones, who has
> dealt with all of his kernel bugs, leaving exactly 700 fc2 bugs in open
> states. Anyone else have any input? I would like to proceed with this plan
> this week.

The plan seems great to me, thanks for dealing with this.  About the
wording:

   If it is not a
   security issue and hasn't been resolved in the current FC4 test
   release, reopen and change the version to match.

this seems to imply that we don't have a responsibility to fix FC3 bugs,
which I don't agree with! I'd prefer it were reworded to say something
like:

  "...hasn't been resolved in the current FC3 updates or the FC4 test
release, ..."

Regards,

joe