Build system questions

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Wed Aug 3 15:26:47 UTC 2005

Matthias Saou wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've just submitted 2 builds using "make plague". My problem now is that I
>can't see any of them either in the web interface, or using plague-client.
>Not sure what might be going on, but I think that already happened to me 2
>days ago, and by simply waiting a little I saw them pop up eventually.
>
>My questions/suggestions are :
>- Would it be possible to have plague-client display the job id assigned
>to the job that just got submitted? That would make things really easier
>to check the status of the job from there, without having to hunt for the
>job first.
>- When I go to :
>http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/build-status/indiv.psp?email=my email
>Even with "Status: ALL", I see only my failed jobs, not my jobs I can see
>when I go to "Successful Builds" that are in "needsign" state. Little bug?
>
>Overall, I'm really impressed by the new build system, it's simply awesome
>and only getting better as the remaining bugs get squashed with it now
>being in production. Great work Daniel and Seth!
>
>Matthias

I think something's up with the build system, too. I submitted a build
earlier today and for an hour or so it showed up in the plague-client
listing as in the "prep" stage, but not on the web interface. I've since
killed it for unrelated reasons, so it's not there now. Everything was
working fine yesterday. Maybe something in the chain got hung up?

I agree with all the comments about the new build system, also.

-Quentin