buildsystem status report

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Aug 12 04:49:17 UTC 2005

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005, seth vidal wrote:
> Hey Folks,
>  Just a quick update.
>
>  Dan has committed a lot of fixes and a lot of patches to the buildsys
> and on monday we're going to switch over to a newer version. We're not
> yet sure on the various details but this is where we are right now.
>
> There's a good chance that in order to use this update to the buildsys
> code we're going to have to get everyone using 'make plague' or
> 'plague-client' directly to update their version of plague-client after
> we update the buildsys server code.

Yes, anyone using 'make plague' or 'plague-client' will need to grab the current
Extras packages (0.3 or higher).  Between 0.2 and 0.3 the API has changed
slightly.  I believe that people will still be able to queue packages but will
get an error back instead of the job ID.  Other commands will not work as well.
In any case, people will know that it's not working :)

To protect against this in the future, perhaps some sort of API versioning
could be implemented, or at least have the client check the server's version and
refuse to talk to the server unless the .x matches.  Or something.

Dan