Rebuild of gtk+ dependent packages required

Kristian Høgsberg krh at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 00:12:10 UTC 2005

Hi,

So, ugh, the cairo soname got bumped with the new 0.9.2 releaese.  From
the release note:

    In all prior snapshots, the libtool library versioning was set to
    1:0:0. As this release is intended to mark the beginning of
    backwards-compatible releases, the versioning has been incremented
    to 2:0:0. You will notice that the numeric extension on the
    installed library filename will change similarly.

    This change will also require all cairo-using applications to be
    recompiled. We recognize that this may cause some frustration since
    this release is backwards-compatible with 0.6.0 and in that sense
    "shouldn't" require re-compilation. However, since all historical
    snapshots have used the same 1:0:0 version in spite of incompatible
    API changes between them, it was essential that the upcoming 1.0
    release series have distinct library versioning.

This means that anything linking to cairo, which include anything
linking to gtk+, needs to be rebuilt.  Pango and gtk+ have been rebuilt,
   and now it's just the other 110 packages.  I've attached the list of
packages in question as reported by rpm -qp --requires, please rebuild
your packages.

thanks,
Kristian