Rebuild of gtk+ dependent packages required

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 19:25:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 20:12 -0400, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So, ugh, the cairo soname got bumped with the new 0.9.2 releaese.  From
> the release note:
>
>     In all prior snapshots, the libtool library versioning was set to
>     1:0:0. As this release is intended to mark the beginning of
>     backwards-compatible releases, the versioning has been incremented
>     to 2:0:0. You will notice that the numeric extension on the
>     installed library filename will change similarly.
>
>     This change will also require all cairo-using applications to be
>     recompiled. We recognize that this may cause some frustration since
>     this release is backwards-compatible with 0.6.0 and in that sense
>     "shouldn't" require re-compilation. However, since all historical
>     snapshots have used the same 1:0:0 version in spite of incompatible
>     API changes between them, it was essential that the upcoming 1.0
>     release series have distinct library versioning.
>
> This means that anything linking to cairo, which include anything
> linking to gtk+, needs to be rebuilt.  Pango and gtk+ have been rebuilt,
>    and now it's just the other 110 packages.  I've attached the list of
> packages in question as reported by rpm -qp --requires, please rebuild
> your packages.

I've rebuilt:
gtkhtml3
evolution-data-server
evolution-connector
evolution-webcal
gnome-pilot

and am working on evolution.

The code in libgal2 has been either moved to evolution, or taken out and
shot, so I'm marking that as obsoleted in the latest evolution package.
Jeremy can do the final purge, since I know he likes this kind of
thing :-)

Dave